Prince overdosed on drug used to treat hip problem

Prince reportedly overdosed on Percocet just days before he was found dead on Thursday in Minnesota.

He was using the drug to treat a hip problem tied to corrective surgery in 2010, according to TMZ.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency. His rep told Variety at the time that the singer was struggling with the flu.

But, according to the new report, Prince  had to receive a “save shot,” an injection or nasal spray to treat drug overdoses, at the airport.

He was also seen pacing outside a Wallgreen’s the day before his death.

Percocet is a highly-addictive painkiller that treats moderate to severe pain. It’s a combination of acetaminophen and oxycodone.

Authorities found Prince unresponsive in an elevator when they arrived Thursday morning, responding to a 911 call. First responders tried CPR, but were unable to revive the pop star and he was pronounced dead at 10:07 a.m.

Police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding Prince’s death. His autopsy will be performed on Friday.

Source: Vanity

Facebooktwittergoogle_plus

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.